Monday, October 25, 2010

Tuesday Chat

Tuesday was gray and gloomy, and I woke with a cloud directly over my head. I've put a lot of time and energy into combating the seasonal affective disorder blues. Friends have given me excellent advice on supplements, full spectrum lighting, and other holistic remedies that I have invested in, and for the most part, I've found a satisfying relief from the emotional discomfort I'd endured year after year.  But every once in a while it seems like the weather can bypass the treatment, and spin me into a funk.

B'Man notice my fetal position and curled up with me in the bed after he had been fully dressed. He kissed me on the neck and whispered in my ear,"Do I have to break out the paddle?"

I managed to smile and shake my head adamantly as I assured him that I would be fine.

This evening he was expected across town to preach at a friend's ministry, and there were a few things that he wanted me to take care of by the end of the day. A little cleaning, a couple of errands that he needed me to run, a light dinner, and of course, the all important getting to the gym for cardio and endorphins. Certainly not a difficult day in hindsight, but...

I spent the day dragging. The procrastination monster was hot on my heels, and I had stumbled long enough for it to catch and devour me. I was sure I had put aside enough time to finish everything that he expected of me, and as time went on, I kept telling myself that if I left just a little later, I'd be able to squeeze everything in.

I stopped off at my mother's house for lunch, and wasted time there eating sweets and watching part of a Law and Order marathon while time slipped away.  By the time I left her place for the gym, it was too late. Not only had I finished nothing B'Man had asked me to do, but in my anger with myself, I became angry with him. My workout was whittled down to a worthless ten minutes, I picked up the ingredients for his dinner too late for him to eat before he had to leave, I had cleaned nothing. At the last minute, I raced around to three different stores searching for an item he had asked me to pick up for him. I was a mess, and I was pissed. I called him on the way home and snapped at him that his all important item was no where to be found, and he had sent me on an impossible wild goose chase... and it's his fault that I was running late.

Walking in the door, I was irritated, nervous and on edge. He was in the living room, rehearsing his sermon for the evening. I angrily tossed the groceries on the counter, and started tearing around the kitchen to prepare his dinner. He stopped rehearsing and put his hand up to tell me that it was okay, that it was too late to start dinner, and he had to leave soon. Luckily he had had a late lunch, so it wasn't a big deal.

When he finally left, I dove for the phone and dialed my friend Janet from Finding Our Way. She hadn't been around in a while, and I wanted to check on her, and just hear a friendly voice. It was a given that I was going to be spanked hard when B'Man got home that evening. My procrastination and attitude made sure of that, and I really needed someone to talk me down off a ledge. I tried to hide the fact that I was in trouble for the first few minutes of our conversation, but she heard the tremors in my voice and insisted I tell her what was wrong. When the story came out, she said something to the effect of, "Procrastinating again? Will you ever learn?"

Ah, the love of good friends!

She had me giggling for about an hour until she had to go, and she made me promise to update her on Wednesday morning... and once again, I was left alone with my guilt and anxiety.

An hour later I got on the computer and logged on to my Tuesday night chat with those women that B'Man calls, "my spanko girlfriends." The story of my infraction came out almost immediately, and as I was teased and jabbed throughout the conversation, I felt not so alone in my fretfulness. There's something about unloading on other women when there's an impending doom looming over your head that gives one a sense of peace... if only for a moment.

When B'Man pulled into the parking lot, visible from our window, I quickly told everyone goodbye, logged off, and waited.

I was immediately taken to the den where I was placed across his knee and spanked hard with the bath brush, my wails muffled by the throw pillow and my legs pinned down between his as he scolded me for not only my disobedience and procrastination, but more importantly my apparent disinterest in keeping the SAD at bay.

Sore and sniveling, I made my way back to my laptop in the living room, and logged back into the chat room. My girlfriends welcomed me back and pumped me for details with a measure of humor and sympathy.  I was given advice, admonishments, jokes, and cyber hugs as I adjusted my throbbing butt on the couch cushions and wiped my tears with the sleeve of my shirt. I sulked and laughed my way through the next 40 minutes or so until B'Man came out and kissed me on the cheek.

"You still hate me?" he asked.

"Nah," I said.

"Good.  Be sure to tell your spanko girlfriends I took it easy on you," he said as he went to the fridge for a bottle of water.

"They won't believe me," I said.  "They're already convinced you're a beast."

He smiled as he walked back into the den.  I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure he gets a kick out of having that reputation, especially since he considers himself a Teddy bear.

26 comments:

  1. Sugar,
    I learned like you have that spanko girlfriends are truly a God-send! We need our men, we need their consistency but nearly as important are our girlfriends who really, really understand!! They don't try to get us our of what's coming to us but having them to talk to makes everything bearable.

    Good luck on the seasonal stuff and the procrastination. I've never mastered either of them but I'm sure its possible.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I do relate. The support of Dd girlfriends who understand, to whom you can vent, who can console you, is invaluable!
    I think it's funny that your cyber friends think B Man's "a beast"! People that know us in real life know us, but I have been surprised to hear how people see Grant. It is not as the soft hearted and funny man he really is. They think he is super strict and serious all the time! Not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, honey, I'm so sorry you suffer from SAD! I have never understood that, because I just LOVE the changes and challenges of the weather!
    I feel for those whose moods are connected to the weather, for oh, my, in the UK at least, that is SO unpredictable!!! Hugssssssssssssxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He always seems to spank you hard and send you on your way alone still crying and hurt. Does he ever comfort you directly after a spanking? Just seems cold to me? Most blogs I read the husband at least comforts his wife afterwards but i guess everyone does things differntly

    ReplyDelete
  5. PK,
    I went searching for spanko girlfriends as soon as I realized that this community existed. I knew I was going to need the support of others who understood ttwd, and would talk me through the rough spots. They are absolutely invaluable.


    Sara,
    It’s funny you should say that. I’m pretty sure over these many months of communicating with my friends, they’ve gotten the impression that B’Man is a strict disciplinarian with a permanent scowl on his face, a roar in his voice and a paddle glued to his hand. Only the ones who have been in the same room with him have seen his gentle soul, sense of humor, and loving attentiveness toward me. I suppose that’s the drawback of getting to know people through this lifestyle. They really only see one side of your life, and to them, the rest of it doesn’t exist. Thanks for making that point.

    Daisy,
    I’ve been suffering from this since I was in Junior high. It’s only been this year that I’ve found the right combination of remedies that works for me. I’ve spoken to doctors and therapists about it hundreds of times over the years, and the only ones who wound up really helping me in the end was my husband and my spanko girlfriends. Who knew?

    Anonymous,
    I was just telling Sara that people so often get the wrong impression about B’Man from the way I write, the concentration on the subject matter, and skipping important information in the interest of not wanting to be too wordy. You, unfortunately, are a victim of my inadequate communication. The reality is that B’Man ALWAYS insists on wrapping his arms around me and cuddling after a spanking. I’m the one who usually wants to get away from him as quickly as possible to get some time alone and regroup, and he’s come to understand that. He always comes searching me out after I’ve had some time to myself so that we can reconnect. So, if you insist on calling someone cold… I suppose that would have to be me.
    Thanks for the comment.

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate your honesty about dealing both with SAD and the procrastination monster. I don't suffer from SAD, but the procrastination monster is often there. It becomes this spiralling circle that results in getting nothing done. I am struggling with it right now, in fact, lol, so thank you for your post. I always love reading your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it nice to have friends, even at a distance, that can support you and your husband? The connection of having people around you that "get" this is so comforting to me, I don't know what I'd do without them!

    But enough about me :) Take care of the SAD, it sneaks up fast!

    And L&O marathons suck me in every single time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah the processing factor! Know it well,My Sir STILL has trouble with the fact that I need to process for at least a few minutes before I can cuddle. I too don't suffer from SAD but my father does and My Sir so I do know about the depression side of it. Good support systems are VERY helpful and dare I say it life-saving. So I am sending extremely good thoughts to the cosmos on your behalf (my way of praying). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. SugarAnne -

    Your "spanko girl friends?" Really? Hmm, I guess it does have a ring to it. ;)

    So far as how we see BabyMan, I can only speak for myself, but I don't see him as "a strict disciplinarian with a permanent scowl on his face, a roar in his voice and a paddle glued to his hand" at all (sorry, B'Man!). I think his humor, soft heart, and love for you come through all too clearly in both his blog and your own, though perhaps more his than yours.

    It seems we women often focus more on the discipline when writing, whereas our men are able to write more about the thoughts and feelings behind that discipline. Or so it seems. I have a feeling most people who read my blog would be extremely surprised at meeting TC in person and realizing he's really a soft-spoken, gentle guys with a wonderfully "lame" sense of humor. He's also not the large looming figure, physically, that people tend to imagine (though his skill at martial arts more than makes up for any physical limitations, lol!).

    I guess the most important thing is we each know our own husbands, and we love them, and they love us. :) Thanks for sharing! (Speaking of procrastination, I may be late for an appointment as I type... Oops! Better go!)

    -RW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry your dealing with SAD,Sugaranne.Hugggs
    I've had a few online friends who thought Shannon was a big scary guy lol! It always makes me laugh because I know the truth,he's as sweet as they come.

    Take care you,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  11. SugarAnne -

    I am sure I will be in trouble with B'Man after saying this, but....I'm sorry, it's just coming out..

    That bath brush, erh, " The Heat Stroke" needs to join the Burn Pile! (Fumbles for matches or a lighter). I'll toss in J's red oak paddle and we'll be ready to party, K? We'll take our spankings later, when there is nothing left of those implements but a pile of ashes...and a grin on our faces.

    *Love and hugs

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. SugarAnne,
    OUCH...The bathbrush!!! I hate that thing! Try to hang in there, this weather can be a big bummer! Careful tomorrow too, they are saying the winds by you can be hurricane like!
    Anyway,just looks like B'Man is trying to help.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wasn't calling B'man cold just the action. I know he cares for you deeply. Thnaks for clarifing though who wants to get away from whom =-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. SugarAnne,

    I am sorry this SAD thing is getting to you so. It's a heavy wall to break through, but you are fortunate to have B'Man to help you out. I hope this week will bring you a brighter outlook and you will be able to keep yourself going and avoid the procrastination.

    DD girlfriends have been some of the truest friends I have ever known. They don't just tell you what you want to hear, they are brutally honest with you and offer support in ways no one else can. I am glad you have your girlfriends, cause I know how much mine mean to me.

    Hang in there, Sugar, brighter days are ahead; if not in the season outside, then in the hearts of those in our community. We're all here for each other!

    Lots of hugs,

    Kady

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie Jo
    Thanks for visiting. I've been an innocent victim of the Procrastination Monster all my life, and my induction into Domestic Discipline has finally started to give me a little hope in breaking free. I'm not sure I'd recommend it to everyone, but I really do feel more organized and on the ball.

    Oh, Monica,
    My closest confidant is usually my mother, but she'd NEVER understand this. There are certain areas of our lives that have to be reserved for our new friends who have been there, done that.

    Scunge,
    Thank you for the prayers. I'm actually doing so much better than I ever imagined. I believe everyone has the perfect SAD cocktail, and I think I'm closing in on mine. I've only had a couple of those dark-side days this fall. Tell your dad and your Sir to keep experimenting with whatever they can find. And the friends are always the icing on the cake.

    RW,
    So very well said. I'm so glad you can see beyond the limited information in my blog, and recognize the man he really is. It's amazing how often I get commenters who think he is the sum total of the few words they read here, and make those snap value judgments. I do wish more HOH's would blog so that we can get better insight as to who our spanko girlfriends are really married to. Has TC ever considered it?

    Hey, Misty.
    Somehow I've always thought that Shannon was a Teddy bear. B'Man's actually come up with a new word for himself. He is now a Teddy Beast.

    oh, Jenn,
    Woman after my own heart! I've threatened to burn the Heat Stroke, and a few other implements that make me a little too nervous. He's just informs me that if they mysteriously disappear, I won't appreciate what he replaces them with. I'm afraid there's no way out. Keep thinking, though. You're on the right track, LOL!

    Tammy,
    I'm hunkered down for those high winds for tomorrow. Maybe a little scared, but emotionally ready for whatever comes. I've never been more prepared for bad weather than I am this year.

    Anonymous,
    Thanks.

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kady,
    Hopefully I've made friends I'm going to keep for the rest of my life. I would have handled that evening if you guys hadn't been available, but your being there made it all so much more bearable. Thank you.

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sugar Im sorry that you are still feeling poorly. It must be so difficult. Is it worse as winter goes on? Be well my friend. Hugs Galway

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow Lots of comments...lol :)
    I hope you're feeling better now.
    One question though, you never did tell if the spanking helped......
    Hugs
    Alujna :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teddy Beast.I love it!! lol

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  20. SugarAnne,

    Not making light on your SAD but you also suffer from BAD....BabyMan Ass Destroying!!!

    I know how hard it is to get motivated when down. Depression is such a difficult affliction. It robs not only the person who has it but everyone around them. Just keep doing what you're doing and make sure you get to that gym. Exercise is sooo important in the depression battle.

    As for BabyMan we all know that he is a BEAST!!!! LOL, we can tell by how much he loves you in his writings. And by how he takes such good care of you. Only a beast would do that. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful beast in your life.

    Glad I could help a little that night. You know I am ALWAYS just a phone call away. And any time you want you are welcome to fly out here so we can have a bonfire and burn all those awful implements that our HOH's find so useful.

    Hope this week goes better and next time you want to procrastinate call me!!! I'll remind you why it's not such a great idea.

    Talk to you soon,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Galway,
    Thank you. Like I said, it's not happening as often or as severely as in the past, but it pops up every once in a while. I don't know what the sub zero degree temps will be like this year, but I've got a good head start on this thing.

    Alujna,
    Different spankings have different functions. The spanking for the keys, for instance helped in my quest to have them on hand without the chaotic search every day. A punishment spanking for disobedience is simply a message that it's not tolerated. Helpful? Nah. Point made? Yup.

    Misty,
    It sure fits, LOL!

    Janet, My Janet,
    BAD? BabyMan Ass Destroying? Are you still collecting words and definitions for that spanko dictionary?

    Thank you for all your help that night. I should have called you first when I was sitting around here watching the clock tick away all the feeling in my butt. I knew in my gut that I was never going to get through this day with all my tasks completed, and hopefully I'll think to search you out next time I'm dragging like this.

    It's funny you should mention an implement bonfire. This subject is coming up WAY too often among my spanko girlfriends. We'll all have to meet in the middle of the country. We'll make a fire big enough to be seen from space.

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  22. Would leather burn as well? B. has a nice thick leather paddle that I would love to heap into the burn pile also!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay, I'll post a little late here, but while I'm sure you're different in many ways, you and Lynda really do sound a lot alike. Generally, that's a compliment, but in this case, it could be grounds for commiserating.

    ReplyDelete
  24. SugarAnne,

    Like you, and so many others, I struggle with SAD, and depression in general. I know all too well the putting off of things needing to be done, the lack of motivation to do the things that you know full well will help pull you out of a funk! You have my sympathy and understanding in that!

    What a nice post about how B'Man comes to your aid. I also have a need to get away, especially immediately after a punishment. R would rather contain me tightly, a rather protective thing, I am sure. Eventually we get to that, because at some point after re-grouping, I do desperately need it.

    s.

    ReplyDelete
  25. SS,
    I’m sure that if I ever get around to organizing this bonfire, I’ll have spankees from all over the planet show up for the festivities. And yes, leather will burn quite nicely. And if it doesn’t… well, we’ll just have to heat things up.

    Mick,,
    I keep tellin’ ya, the more I read about Lynda, the more I’m convinced that she and I were separated at birth.

    S.,
    Cuddling after a spanking is a very comforting and secure feeling, but often getting away immediately to get a grip on myself is a little more important. I enjoy reconnecting after I’ve collected myself. I’m glad you understand that.

    Rebekah,
    Hugs right back atcha!

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete