Saturday, May 15, 2010

With Dignity and Elegance

BabyMan will be the first to tell you that I cry really easily. Too easily as far as he's concerned.  And no offense to all of you out there who say you can take a spanking without a tear or the occasional gut wrenching sob, but I find that absolutely… unbelievable. The pain of having my bottom burned by a paddle accompanied by a scathing diatribe on how I’ve disappointed him is enough to have me screaming into, and completely soaking through an extra firm pillow. But I have spoken to many women within a forum and through blogs, who can actually bend over, take 30 or 40 stripes with a cane, and never utter a sound or move an inch. A friend sent me a video on Spankingtube of a woman who was being whipped with several different medieval torture devices, and remained relatively quiet as a mouse (she cries slighly, but if it were me, they'd be able to hear me in Afghanistan) while her behind turned a deep purple before my very eyes.  Even more amazing, she remains perfectly still.  There was no cutting or splicing of the tape for the opportunity to apply makeup to her bottom for effect.  This was real, up close and personal.  I found myself screaming at the computer screen, “WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? GET UP!  RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!"

Okay, part of my angst is jealousy. I’ve given it my best shot when being punished to take it without fighting, squirming and crying like a 4-year-old. I believe there’s something to be said for taking a spanking with peace, serenity and total acceptance, and this is what I want to achieve.

A friend of mine, Jade Alanson, wrote a series of books about an entire family of brothers all in domestic discipline marriages, as well as the parents. My favorite character in this series is Kathleen Brady, the matriarch of the clan, who has been in a dd relationship so long, she has come to take her spankings with poise and elegance. I suppose I identify with her mostly because she’s closer to my own age, and she has a degree of wisdom, humor, and quiet dignity that I admire.  I can see her in my mind’s eye, striking a balance as she hangs on to her pride and a measure of humility at the same time. As Jade describes her, "No matter how much she knew a punishment was inevitable, she had her little ways of offering resistance with a last unspoken gesture of defiance.” And throughout her punishment she speaks to her husband in in a calm, rational demeanor that impressed me enough to want to emulate her class.

Kathleen Brady!  What a babe! This is who I want to be, because it speaks of self respect and acceptance. It also takes a drop of power out of his hands and puts it in mine for just a fleeting moment as it assumes my own consent and cooperation.

So every time I hear the words, “Go get the paddle and wait for me in the den,'" a couple of things cross my mind. The first is Oh My God, how am I gonna get outta this? And once I’ve accepted the fact that I’m trapped, I think, Kathleen Brady. I need to act like Kathleen Brady. She’s elegant and strong, and she accepts her fate with dignity and grace. I need to remain still, not fight or squirm, and do my very best to keep quiet. I need to…

“AAAAAAAH! OH GOD! THAT HURTS! NO BABY, PLEASE… PLEASE… PLEASE… AAAAAH! OH GOD, HELP ME, AAAAAAAH..."

So why is this so difficult for me? Where do I go to acquire the nobility and decorum that I so desperately want to portray? I don’t want to constantly be screaming and sobbing like I’m being tortured, running the risk of having the neighbors call the police because the sounds from our unit lead them to believe that I’m being slowly murdered.  Some of my tears and yelling is a reaction to BabyMan’s disappointment in me, but most of it is a reaction to the pain. That paddle stings to no end, I am in constant anticipation that another strike is going to grace the same general area, and intensify the burn.  The anticipation alone causes me to squeal like a pig.

The downside of taking a spanking the way I desire to with little sound or agonizing, is that I believe that BabyMan will note my silence and assume that he is not getting through to me. If there’s no audible evidence of pain and suffering, he will no doubt wield that paddle with more force and determination in order to achieve his goal. So I’m trapped in somewhat of a dichotomy.  Even if I do ever get to the point in my life where I can display the quiet, calm elegance during one of the most painful and humiliating sessions of my life, I run the risk of creating a more sever punishment by virtue of my silence.

So I will admire from afar the people I have come to know as my models of feminine strength.  And I will forever remain really really... loud.            




9 comments:

  1. Lol! I loved this! I'm one of those who is usually quiet during even the worst punishment, although lately TC has gotten much more skilled and I find myself letting out the occasional soft "ow, ow, ow" (or even squirming juuust a bit, lol!). I often wonder if TC knows just how much spankings hurt, lol! Maybe I should add a little flair for safety's sake (the safety of my behind, lol!).

    Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh SugarAnne -

    You crack me up. Thank you for making me laugh after a very, very, bad day, during the course of which I managed to misbehave and was punished myself.
    I hear you, loud and clear (no pun intended, honest, lol). Don't think your all by your lonesome here. Although I have managed to master just a little of this grace and dignity that you speak of, I think we all have our moments where class, elegance, and strength go flying right out the window. I try very, very hard to submit quietly and obediently to any punishment I am given (and mine sometimes go well beyond just a spanking), but sometimes, it just can't be done. I cried and sobbed and screeched like some kind of banshee this last Tuesday when I took those two blistering paddlings an hour apart from each other. Oh, did I cry. As tough as I try to be, J can and will break me down and have me bawling like a toddler.
    Grace and dignity are hard to manage when your getting your butt whooped. Very, very hard. And, truthfully, you raise a very good point in that total silence, even if you could accomplish it, might not be a wise idea or work out to your advantage.
    So, don't get too down on yourself about this. Let the tears flow, and the screams fly - at least BabyMan will know that he's, eh, "getting through".

    Sending a big, warm hug your way....
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of those people who can bear pain silently, i mean like i went to the dentist to get my tooth pulled and didn't even mutter an 'ow'. The dentist actually told me to stop bearing the pain and to take a shot to numb it.
    Not that i enjoy that much pain mind you, but i can take it silently. It varies for every person, don't worry. It's just that different people have a different pain threshold. So don't beat yourself up. Don't try to be someone else. Just think about how much BabyMan loves you and take it. Think about it and you'll realise the pain is nothing but an expression of love!
    Hope that helped
    hugs Alujna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny. I am pretty stoic, but I have noticed that I can take a pretty hard spanking during maintenance, but the same level as a P, and I am a total mess.

    I do get the dilemma of realizing that he will spank harder unless you make a fuss...what to do, what to do?

    And then...well...if we are going to suffer, don't you think they should suffer too? At the very least they should have to listen to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RW,
    How do you do it? The moans and outbursts that escape my mouth when experiencing pain are so involuntary, I feel completely out of control. Our men have no idea how much spankings hurt. I’ve often offered to enlighten BabyMan on that subject with a few well placed swats, but so far he’s turned down my generous proposition.


    Jenn,
    Thanks. It’s good to know that I’m not alone in this. I once brought the subject up in a forum where 99 percent of the commenters expressed that they had no problem staying still and quiet. I envied them. I also felt like there was something wrong with me. Maybe it’s a newbie thing. Hopefully in a few years, some pathetic newbie will admire my presence of mind and ask me for advice on the same subject.

    Alujna,
    You’re one of those people I admire. I’m not so much trying to be someone else as I am trying to emulate a characteristic that will portray me as the dignified babe that I want to be and not the big baby that I seem to be.

    Sara,
    I always imagined that you were one of those Kathleen Brady type women. I completely get you on the difference between maintenance and punishment at the same pain level, and I have noticed that I cry and carry on a bit less during a maintenance of the same caliber. I do get the distinct feeling that BabyMan is irritated when I kick up all the dust during a spanking. You’re right. I shouldn’t be the only one to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture at the end! It's funny, I kinda imagined YOU as more of the "Kathleen Brady" type. Not sure why!

    I don't cry, but that' not because it doesn't hurt. And I do make a lot of noise and squirm around and make a huge fuss! I have a high pain tolerance, but when it comes to punishments, I just turn into a huge baby! So don't feel bad, you aren't alone!

    Love you blog, btw. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. SugarAnne,

    I am not a crier....unfortunately. I would give anything for the release that a good cry during a punishment can give. For those of us who don't or can't cry you are the stronger one. You can reach in and grab those emotions and let them flow. I wish I could. So don't ever think you are weak or not dealing with things right. Like each DD relationship we are all different and there is no right or wrong way to react.

    Yes you may want to take the punishments with more "grace" but that only means obeying your HOH and not arguing the point of a spanking. In no way does it mean not crying. Consider yourself the lucky one.

    Hope this helps,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Butterfly
    Thanks for coming by. I know being a big baby isn’t really anything to be ashamed of. But at my age, I was looking forward to emoting a bit of class. Well, I suppose that’s a moot point.

    Janet,
    After your post on the crying issue, I just knew that you were Kathleen Brady. Even though I know that crying, screaming and squirming is not “wrong,” It’s still so… humiliating. I have a vision in my head of showing no fear, anxiety or pain. And as far as arguing my way out of a spanking… yeah, sometimes I still give that my best shot, too.

    SugarAnne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a crier but I can't stop myself from the begging and pleading , kicking, blocking , wiggling etc....
    Grace and poise ? what's that? lol No seriously, Like Janet I wish I could cry. I just think I've spent years building emotional walls that physical spanking doesn't even touch. It' hurts like all get out and he's gonna know it. Sometimes J gets irritated with having to fight me and I get in more trouble for not submitting to the spanking.
    I've really tried to rein it in some because I still consider us newbies. I would notice if I carried on too much J would end the spanking before the job had been accomplished. It was leaving us both irritated with eachother. I've had to learn to control it to a point.

    likewise I've offered to let J experience the paddle so he would better know how to take care of me but he didnt' quite find it as funny as I did and refused to take me up on the offer
    what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete